Thursday 5 August 2010

Back To The Floor

It's not too difficult for CEO's to lose touch with what is actually happening at the "coal-face or shop-floor" whichever term is preferred. Are we reaching targets, are our customers/service-users happy, are staff happy??? There are now tv programmes made about CEO's getting involved in front-line activity which have got me thinking...... I'm sitting here today at Enabled Art, one of the divisions of The Disability Syndicate. In the last hour, 4 service-users have come through to the back office for a chat! Up until an hour ago, i thought i was above that - CEO's don't have time to chat with service users!!!. Yet it has given me a reality check, I cannot be CEO without service users telling me what's bothering them or what makes them happy.

For the last 2 or so years, as CEO of a rapidly developing group, i've been bogged down with budgets and massive funding opportunities which is an essential part of my role as CEO, but sitting here today it's become all too obvious that i want to get to know service users again. Here comes the pledge.......

As CEO ofThe Disability Syndicate, i solemly declare that i shall spend at least 1 day with each of the projects within the group and than shall report on my findings in this blog.

A question to the staff.....good idea?   not a good idea?

Amo

11 comments:

  1. Does this mean you'll be hitting some supermarkets with Shop 4 U?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome to join my Youth Forum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should do the same role as the workers in each project... I propose you be my pa....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes good idea!! would be great to see you Support Planning...

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, you're too disruptive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Arch Enemy Nimbus Blogger!!!

    I've already done a day shopping many months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea, 1 day a week would that be ? if so can I book you in payroll for either Wednesday to help with the banking or Friday when not many staff are in. Would be loving bossing you around. GSD

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol Amo......I thought you would have learnt from facebook....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arch Enemy!! Lol!

    www.nimbusdisability.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok...guys...book me in to your diaries starting from mid-august

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would love to see you in payroll monday morning on the phones taking hours and a wednesday for banking!!

    ReplyDelete